Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Process



This is an image I whipped up for my digital portfolio, to get printed on the CD. I thought it would be fun to show the process, but it is in all actuality pretty boring. I did a very loose pencil sketch, then inked it with a brush and india ink, then into photoshop she goes. I decided to put Ruby from Bad Grammar on there because... Well, let's not invent the wheel. (Get it? Because the CD image is wheel shaped?)



I think I'm going to try to teach myself how to do that photoshop painting thingermajigger. I did this sketch a while ago and when I stumbled across it again I figured this would be a fun one to practice on. Little known fact: I drew this one the first time I heard "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga. Once I get started with the photoshop painting I'll post up the progress and most likely horrific failure. Hey, no one gets it right on the first try.


No comments: