Thursday, January 14, 2010

New York and Company

Get ready for a real life finished illustration to be posted on here in the near future. I was inspired by New York and Company's new clothes to do a fashion/lifestyle illustration (since I can't actually afford them). There are some subtly nautical themed things in anticipation for the warmer months, so I decided to use them:


Just some really quick sketches of the clothing and accessories I was thinking of using. Then I sketched a few compositions and settled on this one:


In the next few days I'll be refining this, then I'll do the final illustration in ink and brush and colors in photoshop.

Also, just because I love to draw girls wearing cute clothes (and partly because I've been watching a lot of Facts of Life):

That's all for now. Have a good weekend, web surfers.

1 comment:

Abby Boeh said...

Oooh, love the composition~