Thursday, August 13, 2009

Time flies

It truly does! I can't believe summer's almost over already. Well, in any case, I just thought I'd post the final sketch for the yard sale poster, the final of which will be printed at both 8.5x11 and 11x17. It's times like this I really appreciate photoshop. You can see the final product at my main blog if you like.



And to follow I just thought I'd do another "hey look at the different stages of my work" thing. Just to see what a sketch looks like compared to an ink drawing:

As you can see, this is a fairly tight sketch for me. And also, the subject matter is undeniably strange, which tends to happen when I'm left to my own devices. And the final result:

That is one "lucky dog" if I do say so myself. There isn't much of a difference, except for the line weight and such. And, of course, I sometimes change lines around because I can't necessarily see everything in the sketch even with a light box. But it all turns out okay in the end. In any case, I'm glad I got some practice in. Well, that's all for today!


No comments: